Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Dystopian Wars 2.5 game

This past weekend I was able to actually get in a game of Dystopian Wars. Yes, there is someone else in Portland that plays! Unbelievable.

I totally forgot to take pictures, but you really aren't missing anything. We did a 750pt game and I brought a battle flotilla from the FSA. I faced off against a bloke called General Eric from the spartan forums and his Prussian fleet.

This was a friendly learning game as I had not tried out any 2.5 games yet and just got the digital rules a couple days before. I haven't even read them yet...just glanced here and there.

I think we went through 5 or 6 turns in around 3 hours. That is pretty good for Dystopian Wars. Granted, we didn't play with all the bells and whistles, as I wanted to focus on core mechanics, but still, the game flowed fairly well. In the end, my FSA limped off the field of battle. My dread was almost dead and I was down to one gunship, vs his barely damaged battleship. I did a ton of damage to his smaller stuff, but the dice failed me on a few crucial initiatives and one round of shooting at this battleship. He was able to keep plinking away on my dread and made it completely ineffective. That Rugged 2 on his battleship was just harsh.

It was fun though and again, the play went fairly smooth. So that is enough proof to have me spend more time reading the book. Who knows, maybe 2.5 will help resurge the game in this area again.

No comments:

Post a Comment