Thursday, November 3, 2016

Quick update

So nothing major is really going on. My local shop had the new KoW movement trays. $20 for a decent number of trays in either 20mm or 25mm sizes. I'm thinking about picking them up to base the rest of my abyssals in....and maybe even rebase my abyssals in. Some of those darn units are just really hard to get to rank up...so why not just do a complete tray of them at once? I've never been a big fan of that idea, but since it doesn't seem like I'll ever use this army for other games, then why not?

Other than that, I picked up Monty's Hounds for Flames of War. I get a bunch of cool Comet tanks and plastic brit infantry, plus another rulebook and the sourcebook! Very nice that BF did those starter deals. I already have quite a bit of LW Brits and these fit in very nicely with them. I'm almost tempted to get Rommel's Wolves...but I'd make mostly jagdpanthers with them instead of panthers.

Oh, and I gave Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic MMO a go. Haven't grouped up with my friends yet, but perhaps that will happen tonight. I don't want to spend any money on it since I'm still paying for DDO. But it really annoys me that if you don't subscribe, you don't get certain rewards. That is just bollocks. Just one more coin on DDO's tray in my mind.

So the plan is that I'll assembled more Abyssals so that I can field 1500pts. If I'm feeling really frisky, I'll try painting up a model or two...if I can remember how.

No comments:

Post a Comment