Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fantasy League, weeks 6 & 7

Whoops, been a little lax with the updates lately. Sorry about that. So, where are we with the league? Well, after missing week 5, I came back and played during week 6, which was dubbed "hero hammer week". Basically you could ignore the core requirements and ignore the hero/lord limits.

At first I was going to bring a dual lord combo, vamp on dragon, and tomb king on sphinx. But the way the points played out, I'd be giving up a lot with limited potential to gain. So instead, I went for the tactically smart move and went with only one hero, and packed as many character killers as I could find in my army.

All it all it turned out okay. I got to play a deamon army which was nothing but characters, and although he slaughtered my poor vamp hero, I was able to get a few kills in myself and rack up some points. My second opponent was a skaven player who brought quite a few characters, and then plenty of units as well. This did not work out so well for me. He had a deathstar unit, and while I did what I could, the characters were just too fast and too deadly for me to deal with. My hero got killed along with the rest of my army and he didn't lose a single hero.

Week 7 I missed. It was cold out, I was not feeling it...so I stayed home and played Neverwinter a whole bunch. What can I say, I really love that game.

Week 8 is already looming. I need to refocus and get back into this league. I've fallen too far behind in points to win it, but that is okay. I've played more games in the last few weeks than I have in the last few years. And I painted some models. I call that a win.

Next month the league ends in a tournament which I am signed up for. I won't have a fully painted army for it I'm afraid, but I'll be closer than I was before.

Then come Janurary, the same club is starting a 40K escalation league. I recently got three new forces which are vying for my attention. I have 1K in Militarum Tempestus, all NIB, I have some Space Wolves that came from the new campaign box (plus a few extra in trades), and then I just scored a great deal on Tau. My new 40K collecting strategy is to get small forces of the models I like and use the allies rule to field full armies. So basically, I need to figure out which of these will be my primary detachment, and then who gets to play allies. Tempestau? Militarum Wolves? Space Taulves? heh...I like that last one. Yay for variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment