Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Fantasy League, week Five

So I made it this past week, which was pretty good. I notice that as it gets dark and cold, my desire to leave the house plummets. :) But I actually did make it out and down to WoW for league night. I was a little late though and so there were already games going on. And as this week was two on two games, that meant I didn't get to get in on one. Instead, I played a one on one game vs Ogres. We each had three special bonuses given to us that we could play at any time. I had: +d6 to a charge, -3 to a casting value, and unit gets Init 10 for a round. Not bad.

My army consisted of:
Tomb prince
liche priest
24 skeletons with hw + sh, full cmd
16 dire wolves with doom
sphinx with fire breath
black coach
SSC

We were playing 1250 points. What I should have realized at this point was that I was missing one of my units, the morghasts. But I didn't until about turn 4. Oh well.

Still, it was a pretty fun game. He had a large unit of bull ogres where his tyrant and BSB went. Then he had some shooty ogres, another small unit of bull ogres, a stone horn, and then a sabertusk.

The highlights are as follows:
He shot my LP with the stone horn bolt thrower, which I didn't realize it had...my own fault. I can't ever seem to make a LOS roll ever. So no healing for me :(
My sphinx though walked up and flamed his large unit, killing an ogre or two, and then took a charge from the saber and unit. I concentrated all attacks on the BSB and killed him. It would have been tied but since the sabertusk was there, I was able to thunderstomp it which gave me the two wounds to break the tie. He failed his LD test and my kitty ran them down.

My coach charged his small bull ogres and broke them, but failed to catch them. Then his stone horn smashed into the BC, wounding it, but not destroying it. Here I did a horrible thing and then charged in my direwolves into the flank of the stone horn. I had hopes that they would secure me a kill, but alas, they wiffed horribly. They offered up a ton of wounds for his side and poof went the coach. This was when I realized I didn't have my morghasts as the BC only died due to combat rez and the morghasts would have saved it.

My SSC actually hit three times during the game, and brought his stone horn down to one last wound right at the end of the game.

My TP and skeletons did great against his shooty ogres, but then got wiped out by the stonehorn. At the end of the match, all I had was my sphinx, with two wounds gone, and he had his stone horn with one wound left.

All in all, a very fun game. Not bad for missing 160pts. We had both taken lists meant to be played with a partner, so I'm sure that had an effect on the game. But really, it was very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment