Monday, September 29, 2014

Fantasy Update

Hi ho everyone,

So I've been working on my Fantasy army a little bit this week. The big push was to assemble the two Morghast Archai I bought. Fantastic models that are taking way too long to build! Holy crap...20 pieces later and I only have a torso and two legs built. I pushed hard on Friday and finally got one of them finished.


That dude is a beast. I have about a third of the second guy put together. I have no clue how to paint this model. It has so many layers. Still, he's gotta get done...I will probably save these guys for last though. I need to brush up (har har) on my painting skills first. As you can see, I've already got most of them primed and built, and even did a test model here and there.

This past weekend was my club's big event, the OFCC (Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge). It was a big, four day event with all things gaming, that ended with the major Fantasy and 40K tournaments. Normally they do two of these, one for each game, but this year they combined it into one single weekend of gaming. I think it worked out really well. I didn't play due to a conflict, but I was able to stop by and snap some great pics.



Just a sample of some of the awesome armies that showed up. I'm so jealous, my painting skills pale in comparison. But it gives me something to shoot for one day.

Also, this weekend was our 9th annual Portland IRSF Strollathon. It is a fundraiser for the IRSF (you can google it) which funds research for Rett Syndrome. This is very near and dear to my heart due to the fact that my wife is the one putting on the event and because my daughter has Rett. This year, we had the most families ever show up. My wife's goal is more about building up community than anything else, so she was thrilled to have such great attendance.


Well, that wraps up my weekend. I did get some time to take advantage of Neverwinter's 2x XP weekend and get four of my characters up past level 20. Horses for everyone! :) Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment