Thursday, April 3, 2014

The clarion call

Welcome back gentle readers. It has been a while since my last blog. Last we spoke, I had closed both of my previous blogs that were dedicated to single games. It quickly became clear to me that I could not keep any sort of consistent updates for just one system. I'm not built that way. Like many of my fellow gamers, I flip and flop between games all the time. So while I could provide content over a few months, eventually my interest would wane, and soon I'd dive into a new project.

Thus, this new blog is dedicated to no game in particular, instead, it is dedicated to the pursuit of happiness within this wonderful hobby.

I suppose the next logical question then would be, what have I been up to? The answer to that question is summed up in two words "a lot".

I got into playing some Bolt Action! for a while when a friend of mine started up a league. It was quite fun and I quickly discovered that taking a Churchill AVRE was just no fun for my opponents. Unfortunately for me, the long awaited Italian book came out, and I was quite disappointed. So much so that it really knocked me away from the game. Plus, I had an issue with an order I had made and it took months for them to resolve. So Warlord is not exactly on my friends list right now. Shame too since the game really is brilliant. I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually.

Mantic has been holding my attention in a few ways recently. I got to play a few games of Kings of War and I really like it. Much easier on the brain than WHFB. But the real killer lately has been Deadzone. I had missed the kickstarter fortunately/unfortunately, but was able to hop into the second phase with a fellow Ordite (www.ordofanaticus.com). I now own a starter box and am impatiently waiting my kickstarter purchases. Models are decent, and the terrain is awesome. Haven't actually played it yet though.

As shameful as it is to admit, I've been getting back into 40K. For those that may have read my previous blogs (unlikely as that is), you may remember that I was pretty much done with GW for a variety of reasons. But "done" was not the right word. I had no intention of getting rid of my collection. I just didn't want to support them anymore. But a friend of mine asked me to play a game with him. It was fun. It got me excited about my Eldar again...and now I have lots of eldar assembled, and even painted a few (will post in upcoming blog). That has led to a horrible chain of events which led me to selling my Dark Angel army, and have begun purchasing a new Chaos Marine army. The models are just too cool. I can't help it! So, that is where I'm currently at. I've got eldar on my table, but have finally gotten some CSM models and will start my assembly of them.

So as you can see, four months have gone by since my dive into Warmachine, and I've already hopped between four other games. That doesn't even include the PC games I've been playing.

So there you have it, I'm diving back into the blog-sphere, and this time we'll see if I can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment